- Full Time
Zingerman's Deli is hiring a Porter!
Be a part of the Zingerman's Deli Purchasing Team!
Porters receive all our products, check the products for quality, assist with inventory, work with spreadsheets, use database software and other documents to track orders and other purchasing data, give amazing service in all interactions, and have fun doing it all!
- Want a fun job?
- Love to learn?
- Like food?
- Have a passion for great service?
- Love working on a team?
- Have great computer skills?
- Like to move around and stay very busy?
If you answered yes to all these questions, this position might be the one for you!
Full-Time, $11/hour, 40 hours/week, Flexible schedule with weekend availability
Reports to: Deli Purchasing Manager
Our performance expectations are:
- Receive and check all products arriving at the Deli, ensuring that quality standards are met
- Delivers/picks up products from other Zingerman's businesses and vendors.
- Maintains complete and accurate electronic daily records including Receiving Logs, Purchase Orders, and all other tracking documents.
- Quickly and effectively resolves supplier invoicing and delivery discrepancies
- Stocks products with attention to handling, shelf life and rotation
- Assists with Inventory and Month End tasks
- Communicates and resolves product quality issues and delivery errors
- Communicates regularly with Purchasing staff, sharing all receiving details from Buyers
- Provides excellent customer service in all interactions
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors and their representatives
- Works neatly and keeps all spaces clutter free and accessible
- Prepares warehouse space for volume of upcoming deliveries
- Tracks waste and works proactively to reduce waste in warehouses
- Attends and participates in Purchasing meetings (huddles)
- Conducts all business in accordance with Zingerman's Guiding Principles and Bottom Lines
- Sweeping, mopping and cleaning as needed
- Attends Deli all-staff and Zingerman's events
- Attends Zingerman's classes for ongoing learning
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Experience using Excel (intermediate level preferred)
- Has a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Previous experience in the specialty foods industry preferred
- Is able to work outdoors year-round
- Has excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Can work the last fiscal Sunday of the month for inventory
- Must be able to relocate up to 50 lbs
- Bending, stooping, walking and standing for long periods at a time
- Must be able to ascend/descend between all levels of the Deli
Successful Candidates will have the following personal characteristics:
- Passion for great food, great service and great finance!
- Fast learner with a strong desire to constantly learn and be challenged
- Is self-motivated and enthusiastic, especially under pressure
- Desire to maintain food safety and sanitation practices
- Committed to daily detail work and the overall success of the business
- Great instinct to make quick and accurate decisions
- Has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Drive for problem-solving
- Enthusiastic and brings positive energy to each shift
- Team player that also enjoys working independently