- Full Time
Join our team as a Barista for our Coffee Bar!
Zingerman's Coffee Company is a wholesale roaster supplying cafs, restaurants and businesses with great coffees. We also serve our single estate, small batch coffees at our coffee bar in Ann Arbor.
Full-Time, Weekends and Holidays a must
Our performance expectations are:
- Greets and assists our guests with enthusiasm and high energy (shop and phone)
- Brews and converses on all brewing methods for teas and coffees
- Prepares espresso based drinks (milk steaming, drink construction)
- Tastes and scores coffee at least once per shift, logging the results
- Adjusts coffee as needed for best tasting espresso
- Continually improves personal skills and knowledge around coffee
- Handles monetary transactions and sales using Point of Sale system
- Follows opening, closing and other procedural checklists
- Restocks/rotates products
- Learns and shares the basics of our coffee roasting process and production schedule
- Recognizes, acknowledges and communicates errors and potential quality problems
- Assists in keeping dining areas and workspaces neat, clean and sanitary
- Participates in the effectiveness of financial measurements
- Participates actively in huddles, meetings, and Zingerman's events
- Arrives on time for all shifts, meetings, and classes.
- Adheres to dress code standards
- Passionate for great coffee and great service!
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Experience working in customer service or retail
- Experience working as a barista preferred
- Reputation for providing great service to guests and co-workers
- Able to work holidays and weekends